The Apeks Exotec BCD is a revolution in diving comfort, functionality and superb engineering design. The ethos behind Exotec is the synthesis of equipment and diver. Created to fit like no other BCD and flow with the natural movement of the diver’s body, through the innovative BioReact articulation. Constructed with the usual, exacting Apeks build quality, the Exotec is a paradigm of form and function.
What's in the box:
- BioReact articulating waist system
- GripTek fabric keeps the BCD is place both on the surface and underwater.
- The bladder is constructed from super-tough Armoguard slick skin for increased abrasion resistance, faster drying and have a reduced risk of bacterial growth due to the slick surface.
- 2 large foldable pockets
- Wrapture Harness - Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
- There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag
- Exotec BCD
- LP hose
- Exotec User's Guide